3/8/10

Sometimes...

  • I can't really believe that I am a breast cancer survivor.
  • It seems so weird that such a womanly disease was written into my DNA...I feel like I am the least womanly person around (and don't mind being this way, either!).
  • I think it is funny that now I have so few "girl parts"! No real breasts, no ovaries, no periods to deal with, etc. So I guess I fit better now with who I always thought I was.
  • I can't believe I had chemotherapy for breast cancer.
  • I can't believe I am lucky enough to not be having it now!
  • I can't believe I found a lump.
  • I can't believe I was lucky enough to find it in stage 1.
  • I can't believe this will be my 4th 3-day!!!!
  • I can't believe I was lucky enough to find this event in the first place...I just love walking for 3 days straight (if I loved it when I was bald and with only half a reconstructed chest, you know I really love the event).
  • I can't believe we have 29 team members! With more on the way...
  • I can't believe I have no living biological parents.
  • I can't believe I am a parent myself.
  • I can't believe spring is really coming...I'm almost frightened by the prospect.
  • I can't believe I was once late picking up Emma from school because I lost myself pulling dandelions in my yard!
  • I can't believe I counted all the dandelions I pulled that first summer - 3300 (I did them in batches of 100, thus the late pickup).
  • I can't believe I am on my 2nd generation of pets.
  • I am amazed to have such wonderful women to call friends...
What are your Sometimes...?

1 comment:

JD and Bonnie Kenewell said...

Great Post! I'm starting my "sometimes list":-)
Like "Sometimes I wish I could go for a walk with Pam every day!" :-)