8/13/09

The 3-day this weekend

I feel a little guilty about it, but I am really, really, really looking forward to the 3-day this weekend. (Guilty because it seems like I shouldn't be so happy about something after having lost beloved family members.) However, I LOVE the 3-day...so much so that I signed up for next year already.

If you haven't donated and would like to donate (every donation helps!), I would love it. If you are inspired and want to walk next year, please join our team. (And use the discount code, POWER10, to get $35 off the registration fee.) Obviously, if I am looking this forward to it, having buried my father on Monday and my cat on Tuesday, and this being my third year, it is a great event.

You will never, ever regret taking such bold steps to make a difference in the world (and I say that with regard to breast cancer, or any other cause you choose to make your own). You might even find, like me, that doing things like the 3-day can get you through the hardest times in your life!

Other event details:
MAP - this year's route will be the best ever for me - going through all of our old haunts in Ann Arbor also!

Cheering Stations- to see this awesome event, come to one of these. People hand out goodies to the walkers, have signs, and just cheer in general.

Cheering Stations
The following Cheering Stations are safe, recommended places for your supporters to cheer you on along the route.

Friday, August 14:

10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Save a Lot
8244 N. Merriman Road
Westland, MI 48185

12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Mid 5 Center
Southwest corner of 5 Mile Road and Middlebelt Road
Livonia, MI 48154

Saturday, August 15:

9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Kellogg Park
Intersection of Ann Arbor Trail and Main Street
Plymouth, MI 48170

11:30 am - 5:45 pm
Newburgh Plaza
Southeast corner of 6 Mile Road and Newburgh Road
Livonia, MI 48152

Sunday, August 16:

9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Main Street between William Street and Ann Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104


AND, THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY SUPPORTERS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole Bates

The Blackstone family

Rachel Brunelle

The Buckfire family

Mike Calamita

Donna and Kevin Carroll

Perry and Jim Carroll

The Blumbergs family

Rob Claar and family

Dave and Becka Clifton

The Cocagne family

The Curran family

Ellyn Davidson

The Davis family

The Durkin family

Carolyn Frishman

Audrey Geml

Ted Goldman

The Gorte family

The Guise family

Janine Hanson

The Hartwig family

Michelle Heitz

The Hickey family

The Honet family

The Howlett family

Sheryl Iloff

The Kennedy family

The Leitao family

The Meyer family

The Moorhead family

The Murray family

The Nelson family

Michele Parker and family

Charity Petrina and family

The Reinowski family

The Sass Family

Kelly (Raczak) Seestedt

The Selecman family

The Simot family

Geoff Smith

Kate and Nick Spindler

The Stout Family

Cheryl Tocco

The Thomson Family

John Whelan

Grant Wilcox

Thank you to the following who donated to my teammates for me:

John and Nancy Carroll

The Gibbs Family

The Kay Family

Melissa Mandl Mase

Bill Lucken

Marci Simot

And thank you to everyone who supported the Cutest Pet contest and our NNN Night out at the Loving Touch...that money also supported my teammates.

In writing this all out, I realize what a lucky, lucky person I am. I am so grateful.

No comments: