- When a woman is severely stressed, menopausal hot flashes become extreme! I almost ran out of the house in the middle of the night last night, several times...both for the cooler air, and for the hope that the exercise would reduce the stress and thus the hot flashes. Alas, I did not. I probably lost a pound of sweat last night...which I made up for in fudge consumption today. Which leads to...
- Chocolate consumption only partially helps misery (the yucky belly feeling erases some of the positive effects). I don't need to say much more about this, but I will: fudge, chocolate chips, hot chocolate. yikes.
- Carpet cleaning is a great way to turn off one's mind. So is picking weeds from 1 acre of grass, and cutting 1 acre of that grass (or attempting to), with the push mower, even if it is raining on you.
- Thank you, God, for my mother-in-law, who despite having had her own chemo today, took my three children out for lunch and shopping. Please, God - tell me how I can help her as much as she has helped me over my lifetime.
- My children have learned to turn to dance parties in times of stress, maybe subconsciously. It is sure nice to watch them dance around in my old dance costumes, to the songs that have helped me through other tough times in my life. (And how weird that Emma loves the song that got me through her pregnancy? Bill put it on her mp3 player, without knowing the significance.)
- Social media is great for times of sadness, as is blogging, as are movies in bed with the laptop. So you might be seeing a lot more of me, little blog, facebook, and dvd player.
In one day, I have discovered a few things about myself...my many, many coping mechanisms, as well as a few other things: