I would like to mention that there are some other very important people who are walking...I want to express that I would be grateful if money went to my teammates also.
So here are some people who are walking:
- My mother-in-law, Sybil. I feel especially guilty about her since she gave such a big donation to me to get me started.
- Bill's aunt Joann, a breast cancer survivor herself. She is also a nurse with lots of experience in hospital administration and she is flying in specifically to be here for my surgery (to monitor my care and be another advocate).
- My friend and fellow mom of a second grader/brownie/soccer player, Wendy Christie, who is walking for the first time this year in memory of her cousin Carol.
- Another fellow mom of an s/b/s, Kathy Westerlund, who was our team leader last year, and was nice enough to let me join the team.
- Every other member of Nancy's Naughty Nockers is special, of course, too...Nancy has been helping me so much since the diagnosis, but I am so looking forward to walking with Becky, Cindy and Sarah, Ann and Shannon again...as well as meeting the new team members.
- I have heard that there may be other people signing up, also...so if you are a rowing friend, or a high school friend, a Beverly friend, or a family member, you might have other people whose walks you could support soon! I will update here when/if other people sign up.