3/19/08

A quick note from the cancer-free patient!

While roaming the halls of Beaumont, I found this lovely little computer and decided to send my own little note. I feel quite sore (muscle soreness), but other than that I'm pretty happy because the tumor has now exited the body! I'm not mourning its loss, or the fact that I am looking down at a flat little chest, either. Luckily I was never well-endowed and it doesn't look much different! I'm sure seeing the scars will be a shock, but I'm not dreading it. I feel like I am heading down the hill, in a way.

I'll write more tomorrow, hopefully! Time to walk back to my room for more pain medication...

p.s.- The drain tubes are not grossing me out as much as I thought they would, and I can raise my hands above my head! I even brushed my teeth, put on pajama pants, and can sit up in bed just fine. I'm so happy about those small little wonders right now!

5 comments:

Bill Lucken said...

come home, we miss you!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i can't stop smiling. My cheeks are sore!! Now I'll cry----tears of joy and possibilities for the future. Love you.

Anonymous said...

I wore a pink sweater yesterday for you. We thought about you all day and send prayers your way. Glad that this part is over...so when do we start training?

Much love

The Christies

Anonymous said...

Pam we are so glad you are through this part and on to the next challenge! We love you and your family.
Hillary and Chris

Anonymous said...

amazing, amazing you.