3/17/08

Keeping it real

My friend Amy told me to not screen the hard parts in this blog, but to get them out there...so I will just say that I am still not afraid, but I am heartbroken. I am heartbroken that I won't be able to spend as much time with my little crazy ball of energy, Nathan. If you have ever seen Nathan in action, you will know why - he's a good little boy, but I'm sure if I get too close to him he in the next two weeks he would likely rip the drain tubes right out of my body with some crazy flailing movement. I'm so sad with the idea that I won't be able to toss him around, wrestle him to the ground for kisses and hugs, and be the one to pluck him from precarious situations. Even taking away a few of those hugs and wrestling sessions just feels so cruel to me. I'm sure I won't be an invalid for long, but I just don't want to give any of it away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you having a boy would be the love of your life!! And you said "I'm afraid of having a boy, I won't know what to do!" The mother son relationship is a very unique and strong one. They want to marry you and you want to marry them. Just keep track (because you love charting things) of all the times you would have scooped that snookydoodle up and that will be how many he gets when you are all well!!